Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Review of Ubuntu 7.10 (gutsy) new features and changes

Review of Ubuntu 7.10 (gutsy) new features and changes


Conclusion
Distribution update confuse

As always, new version of Ubuntu is better than previous. But probably this version did the most powerful step forward than any other. I will strongly recommend my friend, who is using another operating system, to settle on the Ubuntu gutsy now, because most of the major barriers for newbies are gone. During testing run of the gutsy I have met only one confusing case. It was during installation of updates, when Update manager opened a terminal emulator frame. It was unclear even to me, what should I do next: just wait, because it was just an information message or type something in. In real, I have simply to hit the ‘Enter’ button.

No comments: